The Casey Report is an attempt to assimilate the Muslim community to “British Values”
[items_list additembutton=”” additemwindow=””]
- Today, Dame Louise Casey, a Government official working in Social Welfare, published a report, warning that the country was becoming more divided with high levels of social, economic and cultural isolation. The report focused particularly on Muslims.
- The reality is that that divisions in Britain are not due to immigrants or Muslims but that integration of faiths and ethnicities is an inherent fault line of secular societies. Whether it is the “Black Lives Matter” movement in America, the “Banlieues” of France or the racist campaigns of Brexit and the Trump election, all are examples of the widespread racism that exists. To this day, Britain has failed to harmonise the Scots and Irish! The discussion therefore should not be about Muslims but about failed secular liberal values.
- The reason why Muslims haven’t abandoned their Deen in this country like other minorities is because of their conviction in Islam as the most superior way of life. Just like the time of the Prophet PBUH when the Quraysh resorted to the forceful repression of Muslims, today we are witnessing the same thing where coercive policies are being implemented by the Government instead of convincing Muslims to subscribe to “British Values”.
- Islam has a rich and successful history in community diversity and understanding. Citizenship in a Caliphate (Khilafah Rashida) is based on someone permanently living within its lands, regardless of their ethnicity or creed. It was never a requirement for someone to become Muslim and adopt the values of Islam in order to become a citizen of the state as we see being demanded by Britain today.
- The Muslim community must recognise the dangers of constant proposals from the British Government to reform Islam, by using the excuse of cultural practises to justify Government intervention. Likewise the false narrative needs to be challenged that Islam oppresses women and refuses to include women in daily life. The real debate that needs to take place is between Liberalism and Islam, instead of coercing Muslims to adopt values which are are alien to Islam.