A delegation from Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain visited the Pakistani Embassy in London to deliver a message and petition that Pakistan needs to take concrete measures against Indian aggression upon the Muslims in Kashmir.
India has been escalating her aggression against the Muslims in Kashmir this month with increased shelling across the Line of Control, massive military build-up in the area, arbitrary detentions, and revoking Article 370 on 5th August 2019. India’s belligerence clearly evidences the American project in recent years to establish Indian hegemony in the region and subjugate the Muslims in the subcontinent.
Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain and the Muslim Community in the UK, like the rest of the Muslims globally, have been observing the lack of any effective measures from the Pakistani political and military establishment except for some meaningless rhetoric, while the Muslims in Kashmir are suffering daily from brutalities at the hands of the Indian Army and Paramilitary forces.
In this sad and miserable context, the Muslim community in Britain set out below a number of concrete declarations and measures Pakistan must at once implement with the goal of fully liberating the Muslims in Kashmir from the clutches of India:
1. Kashmir is not a nationalistic issue for Pakistan or Kashmir, rather it is an Islamic issue. Kashmir is Islamic land that is under occupation by the belligerent Indian state. It is an Islamic duty to liberate Kashmir completely. This Islamic obligation must never be abandoned under any pretext.
2. The Pakistan Armed Forces should be deployed to liberate Kashmir and to show its strength against the Indian state. The military in Pakistan is more than capable of liberating Kashmir and Muslims will not accept any assertions to the contrary.
3. There can be no negotiations with the Indian state over Kashmir and Muslims will reject any such attempts. Any peace process or negotiations will result in India being given a free hand to continue her subjugation of the Muslims in Kashmir.
4. Muslims do not accept any American involvement in this issue. America is a colonial country and Pakistan must refrain from calling for any form of American interference. To expect ‘help’ from the same America that invaded Afghanistan and threatened to bomb Pakistan to the Stone Age, is utterly absurd.
5. No other foreign imperialist powers or international organisations such as Britain or the United Nations should be allowed to or invited to intervene in this matter. For decades the UN has favoured demilitarisation from the Pakistani side encouraging belligerence from India. This is the same UN and international order that has sat by whilst the Muslims in Kashmir, Myanmar, China, Palestine and elsewhere, have been oppressed, killed and raped.
6. Muslim countries in the region must be mobilised to join the efforts to liberate Kashmir. Bangladesh should block Indian access to her north-eastern states which are critical for India’s economy and national integrity. Likewise, if Kashmir is seen as a Muslim issue by Saudi, UAE, Iran and other Muslim countries, they must end their supply of energy resources to India.