On Friday 25 May 2018, a delegation from Hizb ut-Tahrir in Britain delivered a statement from Hizb ut-Tahrir Wilayah Pakistan to the Pakistan High Commission in London. This statement was in regard to the ongoing harassment and arrest of the party’s members by the ruling regime in Pakistan.
The following points were made:
1) The continued arrest and harassment of party workers inside Pakistan will not deter Hizb ut-Tahrir from continuing its peaceful political work in exposing the corrupt democratic system and working for the re-establishment of the Khilafah in Pakistan.
2) It is well known throughout the world that Hizb ut-Tahrir is a peaceful political party and has always been since its inception in Jerusalem in 1953 by the renowned Judge and scholer Taqiuddin al-Nabhani.
3) Hizb ut-Tahrir is a dynamic political party based on Islamic thought and ideas working on the method of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) to re-establish the Khilafah state. This is proven by the rich diversity and abundance of its work and literature published throughout the world by the party for the last 65 years. Indeed, we challenge the Pakistani regime to produce even one pamphlet to refute the ideas of Hizb ut-Tahrir which are based exclusively on Islam.
4) The allegations by the Pakistani regime that the members of Hizb ut-Tahrir are involved in violent militancy are a complete fabrication. Hizb ut-Tahrir has never used physical violence to advocate its political aims and this is well known by political observers and human rights organisations throughout the world.
5) These unproven accusations against Hizb ut-Tahrir are a deliberate smear campaign which reveals the bankruptcy of the regime both politically and intellectually as it fails to meet Hizb ut -Tahrir’s intellectual thought with a superior thought. Instead it uses tactics that are typical of the dictatorial and repressive regimes that plague the Muslim world today.
6) The Pakistani regime remains as a client state subservient to American. This is the same regime that at first persistently denied the presence of CIA and Blackwater agents on Pakistani soil. These lies were eventually exposed with the capture of CIA agent Raymond Davis in Lahore in 2011. This regime also denied US drones were flying from bases inside Pakistan, until that lie was also eventually exposed. This regime continuously hides and lies about its cooperation with America as it kills its own people under the guise of fighting militancy to secure the American occupation of Afghanistan.
7) The Pakistani regime accuses Hizb ut-Tahrir members of criminal activities by planting evidence, yet the CIA agent Raymond Davis was released without punishment after he murdered Pakistani citizens in broad daylight. The regime also recently allowed the US military attaché Colonel Joseph Hall to leave after he killed another Pakistani citizen in Islamabad. Despite having clear evidence of US agents causing death and terror in Pakistan repeatedly, the regime never punishes these US killers. Instead it accuses the peaceful activists of Hizb ut Tahrir whose only crime in the eyes of the government is to call for the political system of Islam, the Khilafah.
8) The Pakistani regime which manifests itself through the secular political system in Pakistan has failed to solve the plethora of crises the people face. Whether it is the lack of quality education and healthcare provisions, the growing debt crisis and a failed economy that has fuelled chronic inflation and unemployment, the electricity and gas shortages that have crippled consumer and industrial consumption or the law and order insecurity that plagues Pakistan. This regime has no solutions to offer apart from further subservience to American policy.
9) In its rage to protect the interests of its corrupt ruling elite the regime blindly lashes out at Hizb ut-Tahrir knowing it is facing imminent demise as the strength of the Islamic call led by Hizb ut-Tahrir and its members continues to grow. Its continued collaboration with its American master Donald Trump and his cohorts in Washington, which Hizb ut-Tahrir continuously highlights, has left it badly exposed in front of the Pakistani people. This is the real truth behind this matter.
Hizb ut Tahrir calls for the immediate release of its peaceful activists, they have done nothing wrong. These rulers and their henchmen are put on notice that the courts of the Khilafah, that they are so desperately trying to prevent, will hold them to account for every crime that they commit. Their continued treachery in return for American dollars and the tyranny they inflict through their corrupt system will neither save them from the wrath of the Pakistani people in this world nor the greater punishment of Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) in the hereafter. As Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) says in the noble Quran:
وَلَا تَحْسَبَنَّ اللَّهَ غَافِلًا عَمَّا يَعْمَلُ الظَّالِمُونَ ۚ إِنَّمَا يُؤَخِّرُهُمْ لِيَوْمٍ تَشْخَصُ فِيهِ الْأَبْصَارُ
“And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror].” [Ibrahim: 42]