On Wednesday 15th August 2018, a delegation from Hizb ut-Tahrir in Britain delivered a statement to the Pakistani High Commission in London.
The delegation and the statement made the following points:
- The ruling regime in Pakistan has stooped to a new low by abducting defenceless women in the middle of the night from their homes. In Islam, women are held in the highest esteem but the rulers of Pakistan have shown that there are no moral boundaries they will not cross.
- Once again, the corruption of the secular democratic system has been made apparent. Dr. Roshan, a respected medical doctor along with Sister Romana, a respected teacher – both mothers and living in Karachi – have simply been abducted with none being presented in any court of law. If the regime accuses them of breaking its laws, then why does it not present them before a Judge in one of its own court rooms? Indeed this is the supposed ‘rule of law’ we see under democracy in Pakistan today.
- The continued abduction and arrest of party workers inside Pakistan will not deter Hizb ut-Tahrir from continuing its peaceful political work in exposing the corrupt democratic system and working for the re-establishment of the Khilafah in Pakistan. This is the real reason why men like Naveed Butt, the party spokesperson who is missing since May 2011 and women like Dr. Roshan and Sister Romana are being been abducted and held incommunicado.
- We serve notice to the ruling regime in Pakistan that they are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of Dr. Roshan, Sister Romana and Naveed Butt.
- These abductions, in truth reveal the bankruptcy of the regime both politically and intellectually as it fails to meet Hizb ut-Tahrir’s political challenge. Instead it uses tactics that are typical of the dictatorial and repressive regimes that plague the Muslim world today.
- Hizb ut-Tahrir is a political party based on intellectual thoughts, working on the method of the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) to re-establish the Khilafah state. This is proven by the rich diversity and abundance of its works published throughout the world by the party for the last 65 years. Indeed we challenge the Pakistani regime to produce even one pamphlet to refute the ideas of Hizb ut-Tahrir which are based exclusively on Islam.
- The Pakistani rulers remain a client American regime. This is the same regime that persistently denied the presence of CIA and Blackwater agents on Pakistani soil and that US drones were flying from bases inside Pakistan – lies that were eventually exposed. This regime continuously lies about its cooperation with America, as it kills its own people under the guise of fighting militancy to secure the American occupation of Afghanistan.
- Despite having clear evidence of US agents causing death and terror through their Raymond Davis spy networks in Pakistan repeatedly, the regime never punishes these US killers. The regime instead provides the US supply lines through Pakistan whilst abducting the peaceful activists of Hizb ut-Tahrir whose only real crime is to expose this collaboration whilst calling for the political system of Islam, the Khilafah.
- In its rage to protect its interests, the regime blindly lashes out at Hizb ut-Tahrir as the strength of the Islamic call led by Hizb ut-Tahrir and its members continues to grow. Its continued co-operation with its American masters – which Hizb ut-Tahrir continuously highlights – has left it badly exposed. This is the real truth behind this matter.
Hizb ut-Tahrir calls for the immediate release of Dr. Roshan and Sister Romana – they have done nothing wrong. The rulers of Pakistan should know that their continued treachery in return for American dollars will not save them from the wrath of Allah (ﷻ) in this world and the greater punishment in the hereafter. As Allah (ﷻ) states in the noble Quran:
وَلَا تَحْسَبَنَّ اللَّهَ غَافِلًا عَمَّا يَعْمَلُ الظَّالِمُونَ ۚ إِنَّمَا يُؤَخِّرُهُمْ لِيَوْمٍ تَشْخَصُ فِيهِ الْأَبْصَارُ
“And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror].” [Ibrahim: 42]