SAVE PAKISTAN From America and Terror
From America and Terror
In the past two weeks we have seen attacks by militants on the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi, bombings in Kohat and Peshawar, and synchronised attacks on police buildings in Lahore. At the same time we have seen an increased build up to the impending ground offensive in South Waziristan, which the US administration is pushing the Pakistan Army to commence. Against this background we make the following points:
1. The recent attacks will undoubtedly be used by the Zardari regime to justify the need for the Waziristan operation. However, this operation is not about the security of Pakistan. It is about saving America’s face in their failing war of occupation in Afghanistan.
2. The growth of terror in Pakistan started with the US drone attacks on Pakistani soil, which continue to this day. The American aim – through their drone attacks and push for war in Waziristan – fully supported by the Zardari regime, is to cripple Pakistan and make it into another American base as it has done with Iraq and Afghanistan.
3. Hizb ut-Tahrir condemns the killing of innocent people in these militant attacks and condemns the army’s killing of its own people and will continue to do so, as both are prohibited by Islam.
"And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is hell to abide therein, and the Wrath and the Curse of Allâh are upon him, and a great punishment is prepared for Him." (TMQ: An-Nisa – 93)
Both the army’s attacks to serve American aims and the militant attacks in civilian centres must stop immediately.
4. The army must expel America from Pakistan to save Pakistan from disintegration. The only way this can happen is by removing the corrupt and traitorous ruler of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari who has done everything he can to facilitate US plans in Pakistan. He has supplied fuel, logistical support and political cover for America’s plan.
5. We call upon all sincere people of influence in Pakistan to remove their support for this corrupt government and support Hizb ut-Tahrir’s sincere efforts to establish an Islamic Khilafah State in Pakistan. Only a strong, sincere and visionary Islamic leader will have the credibility and leadership to stop these attacks and counter attacks – and unify the country against the real enemy – the US and her allies in the region.
6. We call upon all Muslims in Britain to support our campaign to Save Pakistan from America and Terror which calls to:
• Stop the American plan for Pakistan
• Stop militancy and terrorism against civilians
• Stop the use of the Pakistan Army to enforce US security through the ground offensive in Waziristan
• Stop the Zardari regime in its collusion with America
• Support the establishment of the Khilafah State in Pakistan which will bring a new and sincere leadership to Pakistan
Hizb ut-Tahrir will be organising a series of events addressing the community over the coming weeks.
26 Shawwal 1430
15 October 2009