“The ministry feels disappointed that Egypt took this step,” Iyad al-Bozum told the Palestinian Maan news agency.
Egypt had opened the crossing to allow wounded Palestinians from the Israeli assault to receive treatment. Israel said its attacks come in response to rockets launched on its soil from Gaza.
“Egypt’s decision shows disregard for the suffering of the injured and other travelers,” Bozum added. “The Palestinian government had prepared ambulances and traveler buses with the expectation that the crossing would remain open on Friday as Egyptian officials previously declared.”
Meanwhile, Egypt’s foreign ministry said on Friday that Israel’s offensive is irresponsible.
More than 90 Palestinians have been killed since the airstrikes began.
The ministry said that what Israel is doing is “oppression and collective punishment.”