Blair appears at the Chilcot enquiry saying, “I took the view very strongly then – and do now – that it was right for us to be with America,”
It is absurd that while the Chilcot Inquiry questions Britain’s political class about the very justification for the invasion of Iraq the very same western colonists are eagerly promoting parliamentary elections in the country to justify their disastrous occupation.
The vote in 2005 established democracy, the big prize of invasion. Today’s parliamentary vote has some 6000 candidates fighting for 325 parliamentary seats.
As Iraqi politicians urge the people to vote again – what good has western backed democracy delivered in Iraq? This is the reality of Iraq toady!
- Lack of basic human security remains the main concern for the people
- Bomb blasts still litter the country
- Corrupt politicians are endemic
- Ethnic tensions divide the country now split along provincial lines
- Sectarianism partitions local and regional communities
- Unemployment remains amongst the highest in the Middle East
- Whilst amongst the most oil rich countries in the world Iraq continues to suffer from fuel shortages
- Basic utility infrastructure – clean water, electricity, gas, – remains elusive for most people
Seven years after the invasion to topple Saddam Hussein all that’s changed is a corrupt one man system nurtured by the west has been replaced by a so-called multi party political system which has festered ethnic and sectarian interests with western backed politicians and political alliances.
Democracy after about 200 years of application in Britain has perhaps never been at the low ebb as it is today. Yet it is astonishing that it is being sold to the Muslim world as the political solution to emulate.
It is heart wrenching to see Baghdad today when it is compared to Baghdad – the one-time capital of the Islamic state – with its rich and cultured history. Only when the Muslim world returns to the Caliphate system will it be able to repeat its successful history under the unified rule of Islam.