Dr Abdul Wahid, Chair of the Executive Committee of Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain, was invited to speak at IHRC’s Islamophobia conference, which aimed to address the remit of Muslim political participation in the West.
Dr Abdul Wahid wrote a complementary paper, which we are pleased to share – you can find it below.
It covers many topics in the discussion, including:
- the theological angle
- aims and objectives of political engagement
- Prophetic engagement with the ‘establishment’ in Makkah
- principles we must follow as Muslims
- debunking common arguments found in the ‘political arena’
- the Islamic and geopolitical context of this discussion for the Muslim world