Many of you would have witnessed the onslaught upon our brothers and sisters in al-Aqsa over the closing days of Ramadan.
You must be feeling the pain of the Ummah. What we can really be proud of is our youth in this country.
Despite all the programmes like Prevent, Contest etc., the Muslim youth really shone like stars over the whole issue of Palestine.
Going to rallies, organising demonstrations, convoys and even going to schools and raising the voice for their brothers and sisters in Palestine.
It is the schools we would like to offer you some advice about.
We have some examples of teachers and even headteachers coming down hard on views in support of those suffering in Palestine and also equating the flag of Palestine with racism and terrorism. We would like to offer you the following advice as parents:
1) Be proud and supportive of your child raising the issue of Palestine. It’s far better for our children to be politicised by the plight of Palestine than to be dumbed down by the drug, promiscuous and the individualistic values prevalent in society.
2) If your child has experienced any type of bullying by teachers, or told not to express the issue of Palestine in school, approach the school immediately. If certain values can be delivered to our children by stealth i.e. forced by legislation, why can’t our children stand up against injustices.
3) Create a network of parents who are facing the same issues and use this network to engage with schools and teachers.
4) Educate your children about the history and present state of Palestine. Educate them so they are not bullied into silence by thinking if they speak about the Zionist entity they are anti-Semitic.
5) Encourage your children to support the liberation of Palestine, build them with firm iman and taqwa so they are not worried by labels ascribed to them for calling for the liberation of al-Aqsa
Once again we need to be proud of how our youth have responded to Palestine. They are in the depth of material life, sensual pleasures and self-gratification; yet they forsake all this to stand and speak for al-Aqsa.
May Allah (ﷻ) bless them and may they continue to stand for Islam, Ameen.